1. You are OBSESSED with tunnels. You have a toy tunnel that you love to crawl through at home, but now anything that covers you-in your mind, is a tunnel. Blankets, books that you hold over your head…anything really. When we drive on the freeway you call highway overpasses tunnels, and you point them out every.single.time. we drive under one.
2. You love your brother. But you also love to push him down. And take toys from him. We are working on the whole sharing thing. And you should know it’s only a matter of time before he catches up to you in size.
3. Your favorite food in the entire world is cereal. You would have it for every meal if we let you. Granted you eat it dry. You don’t even realize how much better it will taste one day when we let you have it with milk.
4. You love to watch movies. The first movie you really fell in love with was Toy Story 3. We then of course let you watch Toy Story 1 and 2 because we felt it was only fair that you learn the evolution of how an 18 year-old boy named Andy was dealing with the internal struggle of whether or not to take his toys to college. And of course, for months AND months you spoke of nothing but Buzz and Woody all.the.time. Daddy and I found ourselves quoting the movies while laying in bed at night. It got to the point where we all needed a little Toy Story detox, so we introduced you to some other Pixar goodies. You now also love Finding Nemo, Cars, Monster’s Inc. and Ratatouille.
5. You used to call cars “vroom vrooms.” Now you just call them cars. I guess you’re growing up.
6. You are starting to talk about your friends all the time. You often ask if you can go play with them. Your favorites are Emma, PJ, Ben and Nolan.
7. Every morning when I go in your room I ask you if you had good dreams. You say yes. And when I ask you, “Henry-what did you dream about?” You say “Night night and bunnies.”
8. You are obsessed with dipping all of your foods. Your 2nd birthday party food theme revolved around dips. You need syrup with waffles. Ketchup with fries. And those are the normal combinations. Daddy can’t stand when you dip grapes in your taco sauce. I, on the other hand celebrate your taste for diversity in foods.
9. You still take 3-4 hour naps in the afternoon, and sleep for 12+ hours at night. Praise.the.lord.
10. You still have your baby hair. It’s thin, fine, and STICK straight. You look like you need a haircut every other week. I still keep waiting for you to grow into your thick, wavy mop that I believe you’re destined to have because of your parents’ crazy locks!
11. You say no. A lot.
12. You are a negotiator just like your Mama. You know what you want, and you aren’t afraid to stomp your feet, growl, and yell until you get it.
13. You LOVE going for sleepovers at Mimi and Nana’s. You have your own room at both of their houses. They spoil you rotten while you are there. You are so lucky to have them.
14. You are still LONG and LEAN. All the pants that fit you length-wise are too big in the waist.
15. At the park, your favorite thing to do is go down the slide. You still say “weeeeee” every time you go down.
16. You are a mastermind on my iPhone. Not only do you know how to unlock it, but you can maneuver through different apps, find your favorite pictures and videos, and get into Netflix to watch movies. I imagine it will only be a matter of time before you are instructing me on how to use the latest in technology gadgets.
17. You love to dance. You are really good at mimicking dance moves that you see other people do.
18. Your vocabulary is blowing up. It’s incredible to see you learning new words every day. You are such a sponge. I am shocked by things you pick up on and remember, weeks and even months after they happen.
19. You love animals. Dogs and cats are your favorite.
20. You are so curious about everything now. You are constantly saying, “Mommy, what is that?” in the sweetest little high pitched voice. And when I tell you the answer, you always say, “Ohhhhh.”
21. You are all boy. Whenever you walk past the TV and sports are on, you immediately start yelling and fist pumping. Clearly you’ve learned this habit from your father. You and Daddy love to play baseball, football, and soccer in the family room. This drives Mommy bonkers.
22. One of your favorite treats is to have a popsicle after dinner. Shhhhh, I won’t even tell you that your popsicles are just unflavored ice. We just freeze water and you think it’s the greatest thing since sliced bread. This way we don’t have to worry when you drip it all over the carpet.
23. You still love bath time AND bubbles. You protest when I try to get you out of the bath tub by laying flat on your stomach with your face down in the tub. And as soon as I am able to finally lift you out, you try to make a run for it, butt naked into your bedroom and hide behind your chair. It’s cute now, but hopefully something you grow out of before the teenage years.
24. Whenever we are getting ready to leave the house, you always bring me my shoes. I did not teach you this.
25. Whenever I say anything regarding the potty you always yell “No Mommy!” It’s gonna be a while before we go down that road…
26. You are loveable, stubborn, headstrong, and hilarious. You make us laugh every day. The past 26 months have been the best months of our lives.